Friday, September 29, 2006

Feingold: "I've never been just an anti-war guy"

Russ Feingold tries to broaden his image in an AP interview.

"I've never been anywhere near one-dimensional on these issues," Feingold said in an interview. "I think that I've become -- I hope -- a credible spokesman for a muscular view of anti-terrorist activity by the Democrats as well as the country. The fact is, I've never been just an anti-war guy."

"I believe in the right of self-defense" -- including the invasion of Afghanistan after the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks. "I believe what we did in Iraq had absolutely nothing to do with self-defense."

Russ needs to change his attitude when the debates roll around. His only chance of even contending for the nomination or a Veep spot is if he plays up his anti-war mojo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home