Thursday, September 28, 2006

Barack gets another supporter

And, if you can believe it, it's Oprah. Despite the efforts of some die-hard Oprah fans, she dismissed any thoughts of her running in '08 and instead has been talking up the potential candidacy of one of her "favorite people", Sen. Barack Obama.

Oprah Winfrey says she is not urging Barack Obama to run for president, but wishes he would and pledged to "do everything in my power to campaign for him" if he did.

"I'm reading his book right now called The Audacity of Hope, and I think his sense of hope and optimism for this country and what is possible for the United States is the kind of thing that I would like to get behind," Winfrey said.

"It's the kind of the thing that if I were ever gonna run myself, he says all the things that I would want to say for this country."

Obama is certainly not letting Oprah down this weekend, for he' once again traveling to Iowa. He's campaigning with House candidate Bruce Braley on Saturday.

Another note on Barack: He and his wife, Michelle, earned a collective sum of $1.67 million last year, a hefty boost from past years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home